Welcome! Join us by following our most courageous experience - LIFE WITH A 1 YEAR OLD! Learn all the comings and goings of "Life with Bea" and her little pup Ellie, as told by me, proud momma Burd!

2.03.2011

Let's start here?

Ok here I go...
My beautiful daughter Bea was born a year and 13 days ago. On a brrrrr - brrrrr cold winter night. My water broke early in the morning. I had hit the snooze button one more time before I needed to get up to get ready for work and then I thought I had peed myself. I hurriedly cleaned up called my OB - the AWESOME Dr. B*, then called my hubby's office and told one of his co-workers that "at Matt's earliest convenience if he could call his laboring wife" (I thought that would get a speedy return call ;-) then I called my momma. My mom is an outstanding Neonatal RN who lives along with my sister (Tia) in southern VA. My mom was at work when I called and she excitedly and oh so calmly told me to get myself ready to go to the hospital and she would leave immediately to be right by my side. So. Of course I had to shower, shave my legs (cuz why not) packed my bag, Matt's bag, and Ellie (our pup)'s over night bag (she stayed with Tia during our hospital stay), and made my bed - mopped the kitchen floor - got the babe's room pristine and ready to welcome its new inhabitant and then Matt arrived. My best friend was beaming. He took our bags to the car and on the way called all the appropriate people to announce that the time for Bea to arrive has come!
At the "Birthing Inn" they checked me in and brought me to this enormous private room with my own bathroom (with tub, why not!). I labored pretty intensly for 17 hours with my mom, mother in law, and husband glued to my side. Family stayed updated via Matt's Facebook. After a not so helpful epidural and only advancing to 1 cm,  Bea was safely brought into this world via cesarian section. I woke up a couple hours later and was introduced to the littlest person that now holds my heart in her sweet little hands. This was the day I most deeply fell in love.

No comments: