Welcome! Join us by following our most courageous experience - LIFE WITH A 1 YEAR OLD! Learn all the comings and goings of "Life with Bea" and her little pup Ellie, as told by me, proud momma Burd!

2.20.2011

We are the proudest momma & daddy!

I am beyond proud to announce that on Saturday our little Bea took her first steps! 5 steps to be exact, arms outstretched for me, luckiest momma. I am overjoyed to announce this (can you tell?) and know that her running is right around the corner.
Although, we have not been able to recreate this amazing event :-) My hubby and I were able to spend an awesome weekend with our girls (Bea & Ellie pup who celebrated her 6th birthday last Tuesday). We even had a slumber party on Friday with my littlest sissy, Riah! We ate Wegmans pizza and stayed up late watching Disney's, Prince of Persia (awesome movie - I highly recommend). Saturday AM I made chocolate chip pancakes for Riah and I and we played with baby Bea while my sweet hubby was at work (only for 4 hours - he is such a hard workin daddy). Popi & Yaya then came over in the afternoon to pick up Riah and were there to witness this amazing event!
This is how it went down : Bea stood on her own, balanced by her filled oh so cute Hello Kittie backpack (as seen in a picture from older post) and her perfect baby belly, for about 15 seconds before taking her first 5 steps towards me. I totally had tunnel vision for this girl. The world around me closed and I literally felt my heart opening up with joy and pure pride that my little Bea was walking and choose to have me as her target on such a tremendous milestone!

That is all for now, and I wish you all a wonderful week (anyone else think we are having freak weather!?) and I will update soon!!!
Love, momma burd.

No comments: